Saturday, December 21, 2019

Museo Archeologico Nazionale di Napoli - Photo dump

I was told that this museum is where the bulk of the household items from Pompeii were kept, but I either wasn't smart enough to follow the map correctly or they weren't on display when I went there. The mosaics and frescoes, however, were! And a bazillion statues. Plus a few curators putting the museums creche scene together, which was fun to watch for a bit.

There are more pictures than this, but I thought 100 were more than enough for right now. Once I've got a bit more time, I'll do a massive dump of all of my pictures onto Flickr so you guys can decide for yourselves which you find most interesting.

NOTE: There is a section of this museum called The Secret Rooms. It's for all of the "naughty" artwork they found in Pompeii. I've included a few pictures from there at the bottom. Feel free to stop at the header if you're not comfortable with the idea of these.

































































































-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


From here on down are pictures of a more risque nature. I'm pretty sure that most of my friends are fine with them, but in case you're showing your kids the pics and would rather avoid some uncomfortable conversations in the moment, now is a good time to stop scrolling down. (See how nice I am about building in a bit of a buffer here for you? You're welcome. :) )



The Secret Rooms









No comments:

Post a Comment