Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hay Fever Tea

It's that time of year again, and I'm weepy, worn out, and headachy as hell because of it. Yes, I'm talking about Hay Fever Season. *a-choo* *sniffle* Living in the Chicago area, I never had to deal with this, but the last six Springs have found me an absolute mess since I moved to Champaign. I blame the corn fields that surround us, but whatever the reason, it's a cure that I had to find. The typical pharmaceutics didn't work, and I'm fairly certain that I tried them all. Then I read about Nettle Leaf on mountainroseherbs.com. I ordered some leaves, and set to work on finding the right recipe to help eliminate my sneezes. This is what I found:

Hay Fever Tea

  • 2 teaspoons Nettle Leaf
  • 2 teaspoons Peppermint Leaf
  • 1 teaspoon Licorice Root
Steep the above in hot - not boiling - water for 15 minutes. Add a teaspoon of honey to flavor, and drink up! 

I usually have several cups of tea throughout the day, which helps a lot. It took a lot of tweaking to find the right mix that worked for me, but it was worth the effort. 

To borrow from Mountain Rose Herbs: For educational purposes only This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment